Calling out all Barbie fanatics! If you love Barbie, you'll love the latest display at SM North, The Block where they showcased the Pinay Beauty with Barbie.
SM Supermalls marks the celebration of the 121st Philippine Independence Day with an exhibit that celebrates Pinoy fashion and freedom in collaboration with the world's most iconic doll, Barbie for the Filipina Beauty with Barbie exhibit started last June 3 to 13.
The exhibit features a collection of Barbie dolls wearing local designed fashion couture. And sobrang nakakaproud ang mga gawa ng local designers natin. I mean, we all know how talented Filipino designers are, pero sabi nila mas mahirap gumawa ng dress sa dolls pero yung couture pa and they were made meticulously ang galing!
Here are the reasons why you should check out SM's Pinoy Barbie exhibit:
- A fashion experience like no other. Barbies are dressed in mixed contemporary high-fashion and streetwear inspired by the country's rich culture, tradition and heritage.
- Filipino fashion designers in action. Be amazed by our very own Filipino designers like Rajo Laurel, Mark Tumang, John Herrera, Anthony Ramirez, Martin Bautista among others.
- A handiwork of expert Filipino doll artists. The Barbie collection were dolled up using the skills and craftmanship of remarkable doll artists like Alvin Dave Ocampo, Christopher Flores, Eric Benito, Arvy Labrador, Marc Vandro, and Precious Juliet Mirafuentes.
- A design competition on contemporary couture. In collaboration with the promising talents of Fashion Institute of the Philippines, Institute of Creative Entrepreneurship Fashion Arts Design, and Fashion Designers Alliance, the exhibit will showcase Barbie doll outfits made of indigenous and recyclable materials.
- A Catriona-inspired Barbie. Be in awe of the gowns that made history on-stage. Pageant fans may laud over a one-of-a-kind Barbie collection inspired by the Queens of the world of Pageantry including Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray and Miss Univers 2015 Pia Wurtzbach.
Sofi and I were able to check it out and we were simply amazed. Check out below and be amazed by our Filipino designers talent!
Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray in her lava red gown!
Who could forget Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach royal blue gown?
Catriona Gray's National Costume.
Sofi loved everything miniature kaya sobrang amazed sya sa details of each dresses.
Visit SM North Edsa, The Block and catch these beauties until June 13.
Post a Comment