Good news! Shakey’s Pizza Asia Ventures Inc. now officially plastic-neutral.
• Shakey’s marked its first year of being “100 percent plastic-neutral” last January 2020
• It is the first restaurant chain in the Philippines to hit this milestone.
• Shakey’s is the Philippines’ leader in the pizza and full-service restaurant categories
• Also among top consumer companies working to minimize environmental footprint
• It set a goal in 2019 to help manage post-consumer waste and push to be plastic-neutral in 2020
• Being plastic-neutral means recovering and recycling an amount of plastic equal to what it uses
• The plastic is then converted into alternative fuel, replacing coal used for producing cement
• That’s sustainable and responsible business for you.
“Consumer companies face significant cost and performance challenges in finding more sustainable alternatives to plastic. While co-processing is not the perfect solution, it can mitigate the environmental impact of plastic usage,” said Shakey’s Chairman Christopher Po.
Co-processing is meant to “balance out our environmental effects,” said Chairman Po. He added, “Our brands represent quality, value-for-money products. We hope that they will eventually stand for responsible consumption as well.”
Post a Comment