Whenever you say cheese it lifts up your mood and make you smile, right? Because everything is #BetterWithCheese.
As I've mentioned before, now that we are under the enhanced community quarantine or ECQ, I re-discovered my love for creating meals for the fambam. Dati kasi Saturday lang ako nakakapagluto and madalian pa. But this time, I have time to make dishes for my family everyday, and even experimenting on food we've never tried before. I even dedicated an album in my gallery for all the recipes we would like to try.
And just in time, Real California Cheese delivered some of their products for us to try. And we got excited exploring all the possible dishes that we can make with cheese. After checking out some recipes, I decided to make Cheesy Mushroom Potato Fritters - perfect snack or as an ulam with rice. Yum!
Say hello to my Cheesy Mushroom Potato Fritters with Real California Milk!
- 1 Onion (minced)
- Spinach (Optional. You can use any leafy greens available. I also used malunggay leaves -not in photo)
- 1 can of Mushroom (minced)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- Real California Cheese
Real California Cheese has 4 flavors.:
- Colby Jack Cheese
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Orange Cheddar Cheese
These 4 cheeses are 190g and are sealed for safety.
Do you know that their are 6 ways cheese can help your body? Aside from giving the dishes flavor, one serving of cheese contains many of the essential nutrients our body needs:
- Calcium - helps build and maintain strong bones and teeth
- Protein - helps build and repair muscle tissue
- Phosphorus - helps build and maintain strong bones and teeth, support tissue growth
- Vitamin B12 - helps with normal blood function, helps keep the nervous system healthy
- Panthotenic Acid - helps your body use carbohydrates, fats, and protein for fuel
- Niacin - used in energy metabolism in the body
Segue lang..I love Mega Prime products. And natuwa ako dahil nasa easy-to-open can ang mga products nila.
- Boil the potato and dash it with salt. Set aside to cool down.
- Sliced the onion, mushroom, leafy greens (You can also use tomatoes, zucchini, bell pepper).
- Sautee the onion then ilagay na ang mushroom, malunggay and dash salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove the potato skin and mashed
- Make a potato pattie and insert the mushroom stuffings
- Grate the Real California Cheese on top of the stuffings. I used Orange Cheddar Cheese and Colby Jack Cheese for additional flavor of the stuffings
- Dip in the bread crumbs then fry
Tip: Habang mainit pa kinayuran ko ulet ng Real California Cheese in Pepper Jack Cheese and Cheddar Cheese para mag melt sya and for additional yumminess.
So pretty!!! Look at those melted Real California Cheese. They smell good, too!
Make sure when you buy cheese always Look for the Seal.
Cheesy Mushroom Potato Fritters with Real California Cheese
California dairy products are available at the following membership shopping outlets and grocery stores in the Philippines:
Don't forget to follow Real California Milk on Instagram @realcaliforniamilkphl for more recipe inspiration.