Can you count how many days na tayong naka-quarantine? It's almost 2 months on May 15, 2020. In 2 months, I've learned and tried so many dishes in the kitchen. Some became favorites na almost every 2 weeks hinahanda ko sya foe the fambam.
My goal this quarantine is to feed the fambam healthy, yet tasty food. A balanced diet is what we need to give us energy, boost our immune system, and have an over-all healthy body. Sabi nga, mahal magkasakit, kaya health is wealth.
One of my fave leafy veggies is spinach. Alam nyo ba na ang daming benefit spinach (source):
- an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C
- It has folate as well as being a good source of manganese, magnesium, iron and vitamin B2.
Kaya naman everytime we go to a supermarket or palengke run we always make sure to buy spinach. Perfect additional ingredients sa mga ulam.
Anyway, in our last palengke run, maganda ang dahon ng spinach na nabili namin. And since we've been wanting to cook crispy spinach naisipan kong gawin ito as our afternoon snack. Napakadali din kasi ang ingredients nito, I'm sure meron ito sa pantry nyo.
- Crispy fry
- Egg (egg wash)
- Make sure to clean your spinach thoroughly (personally, binababad ko ng ilang minutes ang leafy greens with suka and water). Let it dry
- Magpakulo sa kawali ng mantika if walang deep fryer
- Mix the cornstarch and crispy fry. Since medyo maalat alat ang crispy fry mas dinamihan ko ang cornstarch
- Dip the spinach sa egg wash. Make sure lahat mabasa ng egg wash ang spinach
- Patuluin ng mabuti ang spinach from egg wash and dip naman sa na mix na cornstarch and crispy fry. Make sure na cover ang buong spinach
- Lutuin na sa kawali or deep fryer ang spinach
Sarap lalo na at malutong lutong sya. You can also add sauce. I used mayonnaise and garlic powder.
Perfect snack or isama sa ulam na may sabaw. Makagawa nga ulet. Haha!
Don't forget to follow me on Facebook and Instagram for more simple recipe like this.
Stay safe and happy eating.