Here in the Philippines, wearing makeup can be a bit challenging especially for those with oily skin because of our tropical humid weather. I once tried to do a dewy face look and even bought cream eyeshadow but unfortunately it became a disaster! The weather, my makeup, and my skin just won’t cooperate. But good for us, there’s still a solution to this. I’m so happy to hear that Althea, our favorite online store for all things korean beauty products released their own product range with the Althea Petal Velvet Powder. It’s a finishing powder that helps set makeup and helps control oiliness.
This debuting beauty-must is actually a translucent powder that sets makeup and leaves behind a silky finish to the touch. It’s infused with oil from Althea seeds and works to keep sebum production at bay without drying out the skin for a radiant, fresh look, all while giving out a gentle scent. With this powder, it will keep your makeup looking great all day or dust some on to stay shine-free!
This product was inspired by Korean Althea, one of the most resilient flowers in the world, and is full of natural antioxidants that protect the skin’s barrier from dehydration by increasing moisture level. The Petal Velvet Powder gives a silky smooth finish unlike any other. With just a single touch, experience velvety, flawless, simply perfect skin.
0ther Althea Petal Velvet Powder has the flowing benefits:
• SUN PROTECTION. The polyphenols help to protect the skin from adverse effects caused by sun exposure and ultraviolet radiation.
• ANTI-AGING. Saponarin helps to repair damaged skin cells and restores elasticity to prematurely aging skin
• NON-COMODOGENIC. Natural ingredients derived from Korea.
• SEBUM CONTROL. Airbrushed perfection.
• TRANSLUCENT POWDER. Sets makeup for soft, petal-like skin.
Type: All skin types
Price: 210 pesos
Silica, Mica, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Sillsesquioxane crosspolyer, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crossplymer, methicone, hibiscus syriacus seed extract, hydrogenated lecithin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Maltodextrin, Fragrance.
• Cute Compact - When I took it out of the box, my first thought was that it was really small and compact. Which is good coz that means its light weight enough that I can keep it in my makeup kit easily.
• Fluffy Puff - The puff is indeed thick and fluffy! Any girl loves the feeling of being pampered and the puff sure makes me feel luxurious.
• Feather Light and Translucent - As a finishing powder, the Althea Petal Velvet Powder is really light and translucent once applied to the face. You know how some powders feel heavy for some reason? This DOES NOT have that kind of feel at all. It’s as if your skin quickly absorbs the powder which is really awesome. You’ll barely feel it and you’ll definitely look great too!
• Super Silky Smooth Face - Once applied, you will immediately notice that your face is super smooth and silky to the touch! Parang soft din ang feel. Ang sarap hawak hawakan pero kailangan magpigil coz we don’t want to have more pimples diba? Hehe. Tama nga that its as if you’re touching a petal daw! 😊
• Light Sweet Scent - Also upon applying, you will get a first whiff of a delicate flowery scent… and that’s it! It’s not overpowering and you won’t notice it as much after a while.
• SHINE FREE! - This is the best feature that the Althea Petal Velvet Powder has. It does its job as a mattifier and a finishing powder. It really sets your makeup and helps your makeup last longer. I tried it on with makeup on and also just by itself and I definitely felt the results. This is a great product to have on your makeup bag coz this is what I would use for a touch up. Or whenever I feel a bit oily, I will apply this on my face.
Will I recommend this product?
DEFINITELY YES! We all want to shine but in a good way and not on our face because of the oiliness. ❤
Get your own Althea Petal Velvet Powder at www.althea kr. They ship to 200+ countries. Yaaaay! Follow them on Instagram @altheakorea for the latest update.
*Disclaimer: Althea Petal Velvet Powder was sent to me for review and experience. All thoughts, photos here are all original.