Last weekend, I was invited to attend the intimate media send off with our ING New York Marathon 2013 Timex Philippines delegates. We were able to get to know more of our representatives during lunch at Lorenzo's Way in BGC.
The Pangilinan's were so game in answering questions regarding their preparation in terms of mentally, physically and emotionally for their upcoming marathon. I thought running in a marathon is easy. I mean, tatakbo ka lang naman, right? But no pala! Anthony shared to us his 1st experience in running the marathon. It's a 4-5hours of running, you can take a break for restroom, pero syempre you can't rest too long para yung adrenalin mo intact pa din.
Let's get to know Anthony Pangilinan more:
- A management trainer, motivational speaker, and productivity consultant.
- Anchor of a 2 hour weekly Teleradyo Program in AksyonTV5 called Magbago Tayo, which is broadcasted nationwide and worldwide.
- He was one of the finishers in the 2009 and 2010 Ironman Philippines 70.3 held in Camarines Sur Watersports Complex and in the 2012 and 2013 Ironman Philippines 70.3 held in Cebu City with local and foreign triathletes from different countries.
- He was the official Timex Philippines Delegate to the New York Marathon in Nov. 2011.
- His official finish time is 4:26:53
And Maricel Laxa-Pangilinan:
- Wife to inspirational speaker Anthony Pangilinan
- An award-winning actress and authored 5 books. She has won a Catholic Mass Media Award for her children’s book Super Benj in 2006.
- She writes a weekly column for Philippine Star called Mommy Talk.
- Since she joined triathlon, she has garnered the following podium finishes: 3rd Placer Anvaya Invitational Triathlon 2009, 4th placer Camsur 70.3 Ironman Relay Division, 1st place Ateneo Aquathlon 2012, 1st place Bert Lozada cup Invitational Swim Meet 2012.
- She was the official Timex Philippines Delegate to the New York Marathon in Nov. 2012. However the event did not push thru in observance of the Boston Marathon bombing.
Coach Rio was set to join the Pangilinan's at the marathon, but due to her wife's pregnancy, he decided to stay. Sweet, right? "_
ING New York Marathon 2013
The ING New York City Marathon, with more than 47,000 finishers, two million spectators, and a worldwide television audience of 315 million, is the largest one-day live sporting event in the world.
· During the 26.2-mile journey through the five boroughs of New York City, some 47,000 runners will experience the sights and sounds of the city, cheered on by more than two million spectators, entertained by hundreds of bands, and be inspired every step of the way.
· The race will be held in New York city on November 3, 2013.
· Bill Rancic, entrepreneur and NBC's "The Apprentice" winner, is one of the delegates running for charity in the ING NYM race (see Bill Rancic Profile attached).
· Timex Philippines delegates, Anthony Pangilinan, Maricel-Laxa Pangilinan and Coach Rio, will try to beat their time and make history. (see Anthony Pangilinan, Maricel-Laxa Pangilinan and Coach Rio's Profile attached).
· Timex is the official timekeeper of ING New York Marathon 2013.