I have been a mother for almost 12 years but nothing beats the feeling of having a sick child. Ayan yung hindi ka makatulog magdamag para magbantay, punas dito, punas doon para bumaba ang lagnat. Kakaba kaba ka kung ok lang ang anak mo. The worry and the anxious feeling especially if that child is still a baby and does not know how to communicate pa on what your baby really feels e sobrang frustrating.
Whenever Isha is not feeling well, asahan mo wala na kaming tulog nyan ni hubby masyado. We take turns in watching Isha. I guess because we had a traumatic experience with Sofi when she was 2 years old and nagconvulsion sya ng madaling araw due to high fever. Sobrang nagka-phobia ako sa lagnat. Kaya I always see to it na whenever Sofi or Isha have fever todo-bantay na ako.
But the good news is, we can now be assured na may gamot na magwowork agad to fight off the fever. Yes, in 15 minutes time, bilis ginhawa with Calpol ang ating mga kids whenever they have fever.
Do you know how important 15 minutes are? We were challenge to do a 15 minutes video (posted on my Instagram?) and didn't realized marami palang pwedeng gawin.
Here are some activities you and your kids can do:
1. Be creative together. Allow your kids to express their ideas through art. Teach your kids resourcefulness by making use of old materials like piled-up newspapers or used gift wrappers. You might unlock the hidden artist in your child.
2. Cook heartwarming recipes. Research easy-to-do recipes online and create wonders in the kitchen together. Nothing beats warm meals during a storm. This will also teach kids proper nutrition as well as useful life skills.
3. Play games. Introduce your kids to classic pastimes away from their phone or tablet screens. Teach your kid how to play chess, or work on a picture puzzle together. Gather the family for a quick round of Snakes and Ladders, Scrabble, Monopoly, or other board games. Build a fort with pillows and blankets and expand their imaginations.
4. Be one with music. Learn the latest dance moves or sing along to popular tunes. Have fun in making your own choreography or composing a family hymn. Or play a dance game or two on the console.
5. Have storytelling time. Visit different worlds and meet new characters through the pages of a book. Take turns with your child mimicking voices and pretending to be heroes or villains off to save the world.
6. Do chores as a family. Turn a chore into a fun activity by injecting it with a challenge. See who can put all the toys or laundry in the basket the fastest, or who can fold the most number of clothes on a time limit.
Buti na lang Paracetamol (Calpol) offers fast and efficient fever relief. Its suspension formula starts to work on fever in 15 minutes* (at 15m/kg dosing) and is gentle on your child’s tummy.
Calpol is also my pedia recommends, kaya thank you Calpol for the quick action to fight off our kids fever.
Calpol is available in all leading supermarkets and drugstores nationwide.